Woman catches fire while smoking
A 90-year-old Ypsilanti woman remains in critical condition at the University of Michigan Health System after she was injured Thursday when he oxygen system caught on fire while she was smoking.
U-M spokeswoman Carolyn Brink declined to give further information about the patient.
Firefighters were called to the 400 block of west Michigan avenue Thurday around 11:30 p.m. and found the woman and her couch on fire. The woman sustained second and third-degree burns on most of her body, firefighters said. The woman was involved in a similar fire in May but was not hurt. Damage at the apartment was estimated at $1,000.